GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Thursday 13 February 2020

Seat Runners

I fitted the runners to the seats.  The mounting surface was uneven due to the leather folds of the seat so I spaced off at the mouting bolts using penny washers.  This then allowed the runner to be perfectly straight with no chance of being stiff due to distortion.

I also decided that it would be neater and easier to get the bolts out in future if they went up through the body.  Here in Shetland any exposed bolt thread will corrode very quickly meaning that it is much harder to get bolts undone.

I made threaded insert blocks which fit inside the runner where the bolt from underneath will screw into.  The block has a small retainer screw to hold it into place.  This was done for all 8 fixing places.









No comments:

Post a Comment