GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Door Switches

Before fitting any carpets, I decided to fit door switches in case I wanted footwell lights.  The GD loom has wires for it.

I decided to use microswitcehs so I had to make a small stainless bracket to be able to fit them to the door hinge mount.  The mount was drilled and tapped and the switch mounted.

To trigger the switch, the simlest solution I could come up with was to drill and tap into the hinge itself and screw in a button head set screw.  This is slightly rounded and easily presses on the switch to trigger it.

The wire was run from the dash and a small cable clip was screwed to the pillar to keep it out of harms way.

I also fitted the same type of switch to the handbrake for the brake test circuit.  This was bolted directly to the handbrake bracket - I don't seem to have any photos..

Door Open

Door Closed



No comments:

Post a Comment