What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Saturday, 28 October 2017

Bonnet Fitted

I fitted the hinges to the bonnet after I had trimmed down the bronze bush that mounts them to the front of the car.  The bonnet was set on, and required a little bit of wiggling to get the line gaps even.  I had to file out one of the mount holes a little to sort out the twist.

I think I have managed to get the gap pretty good and may be tweaked once I install the handles and rubber.

GD had marked the holes for the handles, so I proceeded to drill these at 20mm with a cone cutter.  I then used my proxxon with a router bit to open out the parts for the handle.  I then bolted the handles in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment