GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Handbrake Cable Mount

I decided to make an additional mount to help guide the handbrake cable.  There is already a P-Clip under the brake pipe Tee piece, but I thought it would help having one on the diff.

The hole is a M12 x 1.5mm thread.  I started with a standard M12 x 1.75mm bolt (65mm long to get a long enough shank).  I cut off the threaded part and faced off the end of the bolt in the lathe.  I put on a 45 degree chamfer to assist the thread die.  I then threaded the shank.

I drilled a 4.2mm hole in the head end of the bolt and I tapped it to M5.

I put in place a 17mm P-clip and I will adjust the rotation once the cable is fully installed.








2 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely young man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've read your blog but I'm about to adjust the handbrake on my wife's RAV4 and was looking for tips. Great really great video - very clear instructions

    ReplyDelete