GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Friday 29 January 2016

Differential Fitted

My father and I managed to get the diff fitted and in place after a little bit of a struggle.  It's pretty heavy!  We managed using a bit of rope and between us we managed to get some long threaded rod in the rear mount to help pull it into it's final place.  I will remove each bolt again and put threadlock on them.  I can mount the driveshafts now.

I have also had a rethink regarding the right rear brake pipe route.  I have realised that the handbrake cable cannot be removed without undoing the rear brake pipes.  If for any reason that this needs replaced in the future it could be a bit of hassle to replace.

I will therefore alter the right rear so it can be removed easily.  This can hopefully be done tomorrow.

I have tapped out the p clip mount holes to hold the brake pipe in M5.  This seems to work well.  I just need to spray in some cavity wax prior to final fitment.

I have also loosely fitted the steering rack, but I will have to set my bump steer, but I will do this once I have set the front camber.








No comments:

Post a Comment