GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Friday 4 May 2018

Oil Catch Cans

I have been thinking about engine breathers and what to do with them.  I believe sometimes the N/S rear one is just blocked off, but I felt I wanted something different.  Scouring the internet and forums, I found some diagrams on LStech forums which I thought looked good and made sense.  There is a clean side and a dirty side, and people use catch cans to filter the vent to make sure oil doesn't pass back in through the intake.

I looked and bought 2x Racetronix catch cans which have a sight glass in them so you can see if / when they fill up.  I bought a double bracket too, but still undecided exactly where to mount them.

I bought hose and connections to suit and will update the blog once installed.





No comments:

Post a Comment