GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Car Electrics

I researched a bit on types of batteries since I wanted to get a battery as big and powerful as possible.  I decided to go for an Optima Red-Top battery which is a sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) type.  This is designed as an ultimate starting battery which delivers "a strong burst of ignition power".  Measuring the battery meant that I cut a small bit out of the stainless battery tray to ensure it was going to fit.  I went for the RTU 4.2 version.  My plan is to use the front connections as a charging point linked to an Anderson connector in the engine bay.

I also have decided to fit a battery brain which cuts off the battery if you accidentally leave anything switched on.  This allows you still to be able to start the car once you switch it back on again.  It can also be used as an anti-theft device since it comes with coded remotes to switch it on and off.

I mounted this in the front passenger wheel well and made off the ends of all the cables once cut to length.  The photos don't show it, but I have fitted the battery clamp and connected the main wire to the starter too.



No comments:

Post a Comment