GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Thursday 7 July 2016

Bump Steer

I have had a few weeks holiday in Cornwall and so have had little progress on the GD.  Also with the good weather I have been working out in the garden doing all the things that need doing.

To set the steering rack, I bought a Longacre Bump Steer gauge.  I managed to get it set up even with my chassis up on trestles and it seemed to work pretty well.  I managed to tweak the height of the rack to minimise the amount of bump steer.  This will have to be re-done once the car is complete so it has been left in the ball park.  I have attached a graph which interestingly shows how much the bump steer moves.  Each line is a difference of 2mm height.  I have left it where the line is closest to the horizontal.





No comments:

Post a Comment